Civil Litigation Graduate/Junior Solicitor
Hours: Full Time
- Be a part of a high-performing and supportive team with regular mentorship and training.
- Varied and engaging litigation work.
- Work within one of the region’s leading law firms.
We are looking for a graduate to junior solicitor with an interest in developing their legal career in civil litigation.
You will be involved in all aspects of our civil litigation practice including commercial and construction contract disputes; property litigation; debt recovery; insurance disputes and insolvency matters. You will work closely alongside the firm’s civil litigation Principal and Associates where you will gain exposure to varied and interesting client work.
You will be assisting with drafting documents, opinions, researching and assisting with all aspects of court preparation. Our team regularly appear before the Courts and Tribunals including recent appearances before the Court of Appeal.
You will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to resource management work as part of the role. Our Resource Management team have been involved with a number of high-profile developments locally and nationally and we have a growing number of large-scale developments in the pipeline.
We place a large focus on the ongoing training and development of our team, and you will receive regular support from your colleagues and supervising Principal to help you develop your technical and advocacy skills.
TODD & WALKER Law is one of Queenstown Lakes leading all service law firms. With offices in Queenstown and Wanaka, we have been recognised as being one of New Zealand's emerging legal firms, with a small firm culture that is tackling big law jobs. We pride ourselves on having a reputation for delivering experienced, high quality legal advice for our clients and for providing a great place to work for our team.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- You will be a law graduate who has recently finished, or is about to finish, their law degree studies, or a NZ admitted solicitor with 1-2 years PQE;
- A genuine interest in developing your career in civil litigation and resource management. You may not have direct experience in these practice areas, but you will have an understanding of the civil litigation and the court process;
- Strong academic grades;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a strength or potential to build client relationships;
- A practical thinker who is highly accurate and detail focused;
- A motivated worker with the ability to work independently to deliver results that also enjoys being part of a team; and
- Someone who has a confident, pro-active and enthusiastic approach to their work.
What we can offer
You will get the opportunity to:
- Receive above market remuneration including participation in our employee bonus scheme and other employee benefits;
- Work in a firm that places a focus on the continuing professional and personal development of its people; and
- Join a workplace with a fantastic culture for working hard and enjoying what we do.
At TODD & WALKER Law our staff are important to us. We are known as fantastic employers who support and nurture our staff. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a detailed cover letter, resume and a copy of your university transcripts to our Office Manager, Louise Gill at [email protected], or contact 03 441 2743 for a confidential discussion with Principal Michael Walker about the role.