Hours: Full Time
Location: Queenstown or Wanaka
About the role
You will be providing a key financial management and compliance role to the firm and will suit candidates with previous financial account management experience. This is an exciting role and you can expect your daily workload to be varied, typical tasks will include:
- Daily trust account administration including entering receipts and payments, maintaining the general ledger, checking settlement statements, invoicing and aged receivables;
- Business account management including account reconciling, payroll, and GST filing;
- Financial reporting including presenting budgets and financial performance updates to the Executive team;
- Acting as the firm’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Officer, including responding to daily internal AML checks, managing AML training, filing annual reports and maintaining AML policies and procedures.
Who we are looking for
Experience in the legal profession is not essential, you will be able to demonstrate a successful background in business finance and compliance, with proven experience of working towards operational growth targets. This is an important role within the team and you will interact with everyone in the firm. You should be someone who has a positive team attitude, can show initiative and is self-motivated to provide excellent accounting support to a busy firm.
We are looking for you to have the following:
- Relevant accounting qualifications or proven accounting experience;
- Demonstrated account management experience and an understanding of business financial development;
- A sound knowledge of Xero or similar accounting packages, good Excel skills and the ability to learn the firm’s legal accounting software;
- An ability to draw on your experience with financial reporting to produce accurate and timely financial reports with high-level analysis;
- AML Compliance experience is an advantage but not essential, an interest in compliance and policy management is required;
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and manage workloads efficiently; and
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
What we can offer
You will get the opportunity to:
- Work as a valued part of a supportive team;
- Receive above market remuneration including participation in our employee bonus scheme and other employee benefits;
- Work in a firm that places a focus on the continuing professional and personal development of its people; and
- Join a workplace with a fantastic culture for working hard and enjoying what we do.
At TODD & WALKER Law our team is important to us, we are known as fantastic employers who financially reward our staff for the effort they display.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to our Office Manager, Louise Gill at email@example.com, or contact 03 441 2743 for any further information about the role.