Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Queenstown legal team as our front-of-house Receptionist. This is a very important role in the firm, as the first point of contact for all clients and phone calls, the role contributes to the high standard of service we provide to our clients.
TODD & WALKER Law is one of the region’s leading all-service law firms, with offices in both Queenstown and Wanaka. Our purpose is to simplify the complicated for our clients. We pride ourselves on delivering astute legal advice that helps our clients to navigate the challenges they are facing and achieve their goals.
We have a reputation for being a law firm with a small firm culture that can tackle the big law jobs. We have a strong set of values, and we are committed to fostering the development of our people through ongoing training, support, and career development.
The role would be a great opportunity for someone who is looking to gain exposure to varied and interesting work in a forward-thinking law practice. Working in a supportive environment you will be responsible for greeting all clients to the firm, both over the phone and in the office, and you will be a key part in maintaining the strong relationships with the firm’s clients. The role will also support the administration team with general administration tasks when required.
You can expect a varied and interesting workload with typical tasks including;
- Managing the front of house reception area including greeting clients, answering calls, responding to email enquiries and managing meeting rooms;
- General office organisation; meeting room and kitchen setup, overseeing office supplies and distributing mail and deliveries;
- Administration support including opening legal files, client onboarding and managing office procedures and handbooks;
- Organisation of in-house events and functions, booking flights and conference attendances;
- Maintaining the internal staff CPD training register; and
- Providing general administration support as required.
Who we are looking for
As the first point of contact for client enquiries, the role requires someone with a friendly, mature, and outgoing personality. We are seeking someone with strong communication skills, a welcoming phone manner and a dedication to always providing fantastic customer service. You should also possess high attention to detail and the ability to work well as part of a large team. Previous experience in a similar role is essential with experience in a law firm highly regarded.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to multi-task and manage workloads efficiently and in a timely manner;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Confident computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; and
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
What we can offer
You will get the opportunity to:
- Work as a valued part of a supportive team;
- Receive ongoing training and mentoring to help you develop new skills;
- Receive above market remuneration including participation in our employee bonus scheme and other employee benefits;
- Work in a firm that focuses on the continuing professional and personal development of its people; and
- Join a workplace with a fantastic culture for working hard and enjoying what we do.
At TODD & WALKER Law our team are important to us, we are known as fantastic employers, and we offer a competitive salary package.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to our Office Manager, Louise Gill at [email protected] If you have any questions, please contact Louise on 03 441 2743 for a confidential discussion.