Resource Management/ Local Government Solicitor
Hours: Full Time
Location: Queenstown or Wanaka
- Be a part of a high performing and supportive team
- Varied and engaging Resource Management and Local Government work
- Work with one of the region’s leading law firms
We are looking for a solicitor with 3-7 years PQE in Resource Management and Local Government law to join our team at a time of significant growth.
About the role
The firm’s Resource Management and Local Government team has been involved with a number of high-profile cases and developments locally and nationally and, with a growing number of large-scale developments in the pipeline, we require a solicitor to join the team. You will work with local and regional councils across a diverse and interesting range of matters, with regular appearances before the Environment and High Courts.
You will be supported by a highly experienced and respected Partner and Associates in a collaborative team environment. The firm has a policy of encouraging its solicitors to have regular client contact and to present arguments before councils and the courts. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop strong advocacy skills and work at the forefront of a diverse area of law.
Who we are looking for
- NZ admitted solicitor with 3-7 years PQE in Resource Management and Local Government law;
- Demonstrated understanding of local government and local authority issues;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a strength or potential to build client relationships;
- A practical thinker who is highly accurate and detail focused;
- A self-starter who is a motivated worker with the ability to work independently to deliver results but also enjoys being part of a team; and
- Someone who has a confident, pro-active and enthusiastic approach to their work and a genuine continued interest in developing their experience in resource management law.
What we can offer
You will get the opportunity to:
- Work as a valued part of a supportive team;
- Receive above market remuneration including participation in our employee bonus scheme and other employee benefits;
- Work in a firm that places a focus on the continuing professional and personal development of its people; and
- Join a workplace with a fantastic culture for working hard and enjoying what we do.
At TODD & WALKER Law our staff are important to us. We are known as fantastic employers who support and nurture our staff and remunerate them for the effort they display. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to our Office Manager, Louise Gill at [email protected], or contact 03 441 2743 for a confidential discussion with our Resource Management Principal about the role.