Resource Management Senior Solicitor or Associate
Hours: Full Time
Location: Queenstown or Wanaka
We are looking for a senior solicitor or associate with 3-7 years PQE in resource management, environment, and local government law to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team of highly experienced specialists in all aspects of Resource Management and local government law. The team has been involved with several high-profile cases and developments locally and nationally and, with a growing number of large-scale developments in the pipeline for a group of high-profile clients, we require another solicitor to join the team.
You will work with local and regional councils across a diverse and interesting range of matters, with regular appearances before the Environment and High Courts. You will be supported by our RM Principal who is a recognised leader in these areas of the law, and work as part of a collaborative team including an experienced Associate and another solicitor. The team is also supported by another Principal with extensive RM/LG experience who heads the firm’s litigation team. As our RM Principal works towards a transition to a period of consultancy, he will continue to provide a key mentoring role to the team.
This is a great opportunity to continue to develop your career under excellent support and to work at the forefront of a diverse area of law. TODD & WALKER Law has a policy of encouraging its solicitors to have regular client contact and to appear before councils and the courts.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- NZ admitted solicitor with 3-7 years PQE in resource management, environment and local government law;
- Demonstrated understanding of local government and local authority issues;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a strength or potential to build client relationships;
- A pragmatic thinker who is highly accurate and detail-focused;
- A motivated worker with the ability to work independently but also enjoys being part of a team; and
- Someone who has a confident, pro-active, and enthusiastic approach to their work and a genuine continued interest in developing their experience in resource management and local government law.
TODD & WALKER Law is one of Queenstown Lakes leading all-service law firms. With offices in Queenstown and Wanaka, we have been recognised as being one of New Zealand's fastest-emerging legal firms.
We are a growing firm that is tackling big law jobs whilst retaining an inclusive small firm culture. Our purpose is to simplify the complicated for our clients, and we pride ourselves on having a reputation for delivering astute legal advice. We place people as one of our core values and we work hard to provide a great experience for our clients as well as a great place to work for our team.
What we can offer
By working with TODD & WALKER Law you will get the opportunity to:
- Work as a valued part of a supportive team;
- Receive above market remuneration including participation in our employee bonus scheme and other employee benefits;
- Work in a firm that focuses on the continuing professional and personal development of its people; and
- Join a workplace with a fantastic culture for enjoying what we do.
At TODD & WALKER Law our staff are highly valued. We are known as fantastic employers who support and nurture our staff. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to our Resource Management Principal Graeme Todd on firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact 03 441 2743 for a confidential discussion about the role.