TODD & WALKER Law has supported a number of local community and non-profit groups with pro bono legal assistance over the last 10 years. We share this support amongst a number of different areas and community groups in the Queenstown, Wanaka and wider district to try and give back to the local community as diversely as possible.
As a firm we also actively encourage our lawyers to assist with pro bono projects whenever they can. We do this not to seek publicity or build an image but because the firm and our staff genuinely care about the local community that we all work and live in. We feel it is important to assist those in the community who would otherwise be disadvantaged or unable to access legal advice.
We are proud to list that our recent pro bono involvement includes work with:
Wanaka Watersports Facility, Wakatipu High School, Queenstown RSA Anzac Day Speech Competition, Cardrona Heritage Trust, Wanaka Primary School Future Trust, Queenstown Trails Trust, LUMA light Festival, Queenstown Mountain Bike Club, Wanaka A & P Society, Arrowtown No Leaf Building Group, Wilding Pines Control Trust.
Our goal at TODD & WALKER Law is to ensure that this list continues to grow, and we continue to give back to the community that we are so passionate to be a part of.
The team at TODD & WALKER Law have a number of professional and personal affiliations with a number of organisations in Queenstown, Wanaka and the wider community.
- New Zealand Law Society
- Otago Branch New Zealand Law Society
- Resource Management Law Association
- Property Law Section New Zealand Law Society
- Family Law Section New Zealand Law Society
- Criminal Bar Association of New Zealand
- New Zealand Society of Notaries
- Queenstown Chamber of Commerce
- Wanaka Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Directors
- New Zealand Institute of Legal Executives
- Auckland District Law Society
- Gender Equitable Engagement and Instruction Policy
- Destination Queenstown
- Royal Commission of Inquiry into Abuse in Care
- Wakatipu High School Foundation - Business Sponsor
- Wakatipu Community Foundation
- Queenstown Trails Trust - Michael Walker, Chairman
- RSA Queenstown Branch Poppy Trust
- RSA Anzac Day Speech Contest - Principal Sponsor
- LUMA Light Festival
- Donations to Arts Foundation
- Queenstown Bowling Club
- Donations and event support for the Cancer Society Otago and Southland
- Snow Sports New Zealand - Partner
- Arrowtown Community Preschool - community event sponsorship
- Wanaka Primary School - community event sponsorship
- Wanaka A & P Show
- Millbrook Country Club
- Queenstown and District Historical Society Inc
- Wakatipu Rugby Club Inc
- The Hills Golf Club
- Arrow Irrigation Company