Not-For-Profit & Social Enterprise
We have established a strong practice advising not-for-profits and community organisations. We provide specialised legal services to charities, community associations, incorporated societies, social enterprises and other non-profit bodies. We understand the needs of this sector and work with our non-profit clients to help them function well and make a real difference in their particular sector.
We offer a commercial perspective to our non-profit clients, especially concerning corporate/operational structures and activities which require our clients to enter into commercial arrangements. We understand the limited resources most social enterprises are initially constrained by and without sacrificing the quality of our work, we pride ourselves on taking this into account.
We can assist non-profit groups and charities in many ways, including:
- Choosing the right structure that will best suit their goals;
- Incorporation of your entity;
- Advice on whether charitable registration is necessary or desired, advice on the registration process and assistance with registration;
- Governance, structure, policies (including health and safety) and operations advice;
- Drafting charitable trust deeds/incorporated societies rules;
- Regulatory compliance;
- Joint ventures, collaborative arrangements, mergers, acquisitions and amalgamations;
- Employment or independent contractor agreements or advice;
- Assistance with funders and sponsors including sponsorship applications and contracts;
- Event contracts;
- Intellectual property protection.
Our Not-For-Profit and Social Enterprise Lawyers
Find out about the members of our Not-For-Profit team