Tourism and Hospitality
As Queenstown and Wanaka lawyers, we are more than familiar with the tourism and hospitality sector. Many of our clients are destination attractions in the area and we also act for a wide range of clients including hotels, adventure tourism operators, wholesalers, retailers and hospitality providers (including vineyards and wineries, restaurants and food and beverage).
We understand the complexities of the industry, the applicable legal framework and can advise on a range of issues relevant to any tourism venture – from general business structuring and operations, through to more specific requirements of licensing or resource management consents.
We have developed expertise in tourism and hospitality law, including:
- Purchasing or starting up a tourism and hospitality business;
- Advice and implementation of governance and ownership structures including partnerships, companies, sole traders and joint ventures
- Shareholders’ agreements and related constitution documents;
- All aspects of contract law whether advising, drafting or enforcing (e.g. supply/services or distribution agreements, terms of trade);
- Funding and security arrangements between shareholders and external lenders;
- Commercial leasing;
- Construction and infrastructure;
- Selling a tourism and hospitality business;
- Employment advice, personal grievance resolution, employment of migrant workers, immigration matters;
- Foreign ownership and Overseas Investment Office approvals and issues;
- Dispute resolution;
- Intellectual Property protection (trademark applications and defending intellectual property rights).
Our Tourism and Hospitality Lawyers
Find out about the members of our Tourism and Hospitality team