At TODD & WALKER Law we are committed to helping local businesses navigate the changing business landscape due to COVID-19. We offer services that are registered with the Tourism Communities Support, Recover & Re-Set Plan - Business Advisory Support.
Tourism businesses may qualify for funding to help pay for advisory services to support them recover and re-set from COVID-19. The Tourism Communities Support, Recover & Re-Set Plan - Business Advisory Support can provide support in areas such as HR, health and wellbeing, business continuity, cash flow and finance management, management capability development, marketing and digital enablement strategy and hibernation and exit advice. Businesses may be eligible to receive funding to implement the advice received and to do so will need to contact the Lead Entity for the district. See further information on this support plan here. The first step is to register on the Regional Business Partners Website here.
The key terms of the funding are:
- It applies to businesses in Queenstown Lakes, Southland (focussing around Te Anau and Fiordland), Kaikōura, Mackenzie, and Westland (focussing around Fox Glacier and Franz Josef).
- To be eligible under this plan, you must operate a tourism business, which is defined as a business where at least 50% of its operational output is purchased by tourists.
- The business must have fewer than 100 full time equivalent employees.
- The business must be GST registered in New Zealand.
- This support is available from 31 August 2021 to 31 August 2022.
Under these support packages, we may be able to assist you by reviewing and advising on the following types of transactions and contracts:
- General business contracts such as terms of trade;
- Business structuring, including shareholders agreements;
- Property leases;
- IP protection; and
- Employment relations, including drafting employment agreements.
If you have any questions regarding how TODD & WALKER Law can assist with legal advice under the scheme contact us at [email protected] or 03 441 2743.
Find out more information about the firm’s RBP team here