Commercial / Property Associate
PQE: 5-7 years
Hours: Full Time
Location: Queenstown or Wanaka
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced solicitor to join our Commercial and Property teams.
You will be involved in all aspects of our property practice, primarily working on large-scale Queenstown subdivision projects and property developments. You will also be involved with construction contract reviews, commercial leasing and the sale and purchase of residential and commercial property. You will also advise on a large range of commercial matters including business structuring, business sale and purchase, commercial contract review, shareholder agreements, and advising on regulatory compliance. You will work with national and international clients across a broad range of industries.
As a senior member of the team, you will work closely with our commercial and property Principals. You will also have a key role in the development of junior members of the team.
We encourage our solicitors to have regular client contact, and the role offers great opportunities for long-term career development.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- A New Zealand admitted solicitor with 5-7 years PQE in property and commercial law.
- Experience with subdivisions.
- Experience in the transactional property process and strong commercial acumen.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the strength to foster existing client relationships and to develop their own referral network.
- Someone with the ability to work independently to deliver results but who also enjoys working as part of a team and enjoys mentoring others.
- Someone who can identify and develop strategies for business development.
- Someone with a confident, proactive, and enthusiastic approach to their work and a genuine continued interest in developing their practice.
TODD & WALKER Law is one of Queenstown Lakes leading all-service law firms. With offices in Queenstown and Wanaka, we have been recognised as being one of New Zealand's fastest-emerging legal firms.
We are a firm that takes on the large law jobs whilst retaining our small firm culture. Our purpose is to simplify the complicated for our clients, and we pride ourselves on having a reputation for delivering astute legal advice. We place people as one of our core values and we work hard to provide a great outcome for our clients as well as an inclusive and supportive place to work for our team.
What we can offer
You will get the opportunity to:
- Work as a valued member of a supportive team.
- Receive above-market remuneration including participation in our employee bonus scheme and other employee benefits.
- Work in a firm that places a focus on the continuing professional and personal development of its people.
- Join a workplace with a fantastic workplace culture for enjoying what we do.
At TODD & WALKER Law, our staff are important to us. We are known as fantastic employers who support and nurture our staff. Please apply directly with a detailed cover letter and resume to our Office Manager, Louise Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact 03 441 2743 for a confidential discussion about the role with one of our Property Principals.