Commercial / Property Senior Solicitor or Associate
PQE: 3-5 years
Hours: Full Time
Location: Queenstown or Wanaka
Our Commercial and Property teams are looking for an experienced intermediate solicitor to join the team as a Senior Solicitor or Associate.
About the role
You will be involved in all aspects of our property practice, including providing advice on the sale and acquisition of residential and commercial property, projects, subdivisions and property development, construction, and leasing. You will also advise on a large range of commercial matters with a focus on business structuring, governance, contract drafting and negotiation, and general corporate advisory support across a broad range of industries. Experience with the Overseas Investment Act would be a bonus.
You will receive the benefit of working in a supportive team environment with supervision from our highly experienced Principals and Senior Associates.
We encourage our solicitors to have regular client contact, and the role offers great opportunities for long-term career development.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- A New Zealand admitted solicitor with 3-5 years PQE with property and commercial law experience.
- A strong understanding of the transactional property process and good commercial acumen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the strength or potential to build on existing client relationships and to develop their own referral network.
- Someone who can work independently to deliver results and who also enjoys working closely with others as part of a supportive team.
- Someone with a confident, proactive, and enthusiastic approach to their work and a genuine continued interest in developing their practice.
TODD & WALKER Law is one of Queenstown Lakes leading all-service law firms. With offices in Queenstown and Wanaka, we have been recognised as being one of New Zealand's fastest-emerging legal firms.
We are a firm that takes on the large law jobs whilst retaining our small firm culture. Our purpose is to simplify the complicated for our clients, and we pride ourselves on having a reputation for delivering astute legal advice. We place people as one of our core values and we work hard to provide a great outcome for our clients as well as an inclusive and supportive place to work for our team.
What we can offer
You will get the opportunity to:
- Work as a valued part of a supportive team.
- Receive above-market remuneration including participation in our employee bonus scheme and other employee benefits.
- Work in a firm that places a focus on the continuing professional and personal development of its people.
- Flexibility to work from our Queenstown or Wanaka office.
- Join a workplace with a fantastic workplace culture for enjoying what we do.
At TODD & WALKER Law, our staff are important to us. We are known as fantastic employers who support and nurture our staff. Please apply directly, with a detailed cover letter and resume, to our Office Manager, Louise Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact 03 441 2743 for a confidential discussion about the role with one of our Commercial Property Principals.